Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ox Poop


If you want a manger free of ox poop, don't buy an ox. But if you want to multiply your harvest, and ox will sure come in handy." -Proverbs 14:4


I thought it would be a great verse for messy game night for the youth. As we prepare for mission trip, it won't always be fun, but in order to do good and make a difference sometimes we have to deal with the junk that blocks our way.


I'm eating my own words.

As messy game night/tie-dying time came along, I realized that it would just be Emily and I. People had camps, and work they had to do. We decided messy games wouldn't really work with two people, and we had to tie-dye LOTS of things! It took a lot longer than we expected, and my hands might be this puke green color for a while.



So technically, our seemingly wonderful event was a failure. But the shirts that were doomed from the first tie began to turn out great! Emily and I marveled at how great they came out, and of course we were having fun the whole time! So even though some of it wasn't fun, we pushed through, even enjoying our detours. It wasn't that much of a failure after all.

The lessoned I planned to teach was taught to me. And as I prepare for my mission trip, for my future ministry and my whole Christian journey, I know that if I let God in during these times, if I can work past all the mess and the ox poop, there's something better in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment