Monday, June 28, 2010

Fun-sized Promises

Kid's camp has got to be one of my favorite weekends during the summer. Over 75 1st and 2nd graders from all around come to enjoy a weekend at the GLC. For most of them, its their first time at camp, and they're thrilled! Their little faces show the joy that Jesus wants us to have in all the things we do.
I really liked hanging out with the youngsters this past weekend, and I began to wonder what they "got" out of camp. It's a pretty young age, and the only think I remember from camp when I was their age was the fun I had and the nice people I met, and that alone was enough to keep me coming back.
During their reflection time one of the staff, Natalie, asked them to share what they thought God thought about them.


Nice.

Cute.

Funny.

Beautiful.

Peace.

Helpful.

From the mouths of children. They did get it. As they shared, a rainbow came out in front of us. Funny isn't it? The promise that God will be with us always. The promise that God is with us, even when we are young.

I was left in awe after this, after a children's message. Teaching the children, loving the children, learning from the children. We are doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment