Monday, March 15, 2010

Not Quite Sure Where It's Going-But This is a Start

Blogging seems to be the thing to do these days, so I decided I'd give it a shot. I don't know what I'll end up posting on here, but I thought I could more effectively share my thoughts than with a tweet of status-update.
I decided to name this blog Pineapple Tidbits yesterday as I was thinking about all the things that had happened that day. It had been a pretty awesome day, and I was in awe of all the ways Christ had been shining through when I came up with somewhat of a silly analogy; God is like a pineapple.
Now stick with me here- As Christians, it's important we always have that "Jesus juice" running through us to keep us going. We get that by reading our Bible, going to church and being spiritually discplined. However what I like the most, is when God shows up in our random and everyday lives, giving us tidbits of Him that rejuvanate us and renew us in His awesome wonder. I get those when I go on mission trip or Glen Lake Camp. I get that when I see my friends and my youth group growing deeper in their journey, when I see any group get together with the goal of making the world a better place in the name of the Lord.
So why did I choose a Pineapple, one of the weirdest fruits in the supermarket? What made the connection between God and that piece of fruit?
Simple, I had just eaten a Pineapple sno-cone that night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment