Saturday, March 20, 2010

DSLT Devo for March 21

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." -Psalms 37:4

So God's going to give me what I want, all the desires of my heart? Because I'm a Christian, I'll eventually get what I want, as long as its something really important like patience and not another vanilla sno cone? That's some weird theology, huh? A lot of times we seem to ask what God has done for us and seem to be looking for our answer.

I know there are lots of times when I wonder why things are going the way they are. This break, for example; after my "procedure" I expected that I would be able to walk in a few days, but here 7 days later I still look like Bill Cosby dancing when I walk! As a result I spent most of my spring break laying in bed watching tv or bruising my knees crawling to another room.

But if I take a look at the first part of that verse, if I remember to delight myself in the Lord, a lot more happened this Spring Break; I went to my grandparents, I learned to walk again! I got a new iPod and traveled to Oregon-thrice!

As long as we remember to delight ourselves in God that crazy stuff I mentioned before isn't so crazy. Doesn't God already know the true desires of our hearts, and have a better solution?
Delighting in the Lord doesn't just mean looking at what is obviously good, but also coming to the conclusion that the good will ALWAYS be there when we look.



This is for a devo I'm doing at a meeting, so I'm open to any comments, suggestions or objections!

No comments:

Post a Comment