Monday, August 16, 2010

VL2015!

If you haven't noticed, I like mission trip.

A few months ago my parallel personality Morgan PettyJohn and I came up with a grand idea. We decided that in 2015, we want to travel back to Vivian, LA for a mission trip with our youth groups (that we both aspire to have.)
For those of you that are unaware, this is the place where Glen Rose and Davis Memorial first met, the Mecca of this great friendship if you will. So what better place could there be to take our future youth groups back to?

For me personally, this specific mission trip was life-changing. It was definitely one of the hardest weeks I have ever endured on a mission trip. It was one of those experiences that tore me down so that I could see God's love and grace shining through others and warming my heart. It was after this mission trip that I became that "church girl," and really started to act upon my call to ministry.

Nice little story, huh? My point is that these two youth groups have something special that was spurred by mission. There's a little spark I see in my friends' eyes when they talk about mission trip. Our conversations during Bible Study often involve people from Davis, just as if they were part of our own church family. Mission trip has made my group who it is.

Today Morgan and I decided to make these VL2015 t-shirts. We made them just for fun, kinda spur of the moment, but I feel that even though we never said it, we made the shirts for a different reason. We keep a piece of mission trip in our hearts forever. It is my hope that as we all graduate and grow-up, that we do not also grow weary in doing good, and that the mission does not stop after CTCYM. There is something special about mission trip, too special to loose.

So whether we actually go back to Vivian or not, it is my hope that we still go back to those feelings.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on to love and good deeds." -Hebrews 10:24

P.S. A link for those who want a shirt- http://www.customink.com/designs/vl20153/esm0-000f-dgwg/social?cm_cat=facebook&cm_ite=vl20153&cm_pla=share&cm_ven=social

No comments:

Post a Comment