Monday, August 2, 2010

25 Things about GLC

1. I love hearing "CAMPERS!" before a meal.
2. I like it when people call me C-Payne.
3. I love walking down the silent trail and seeing the names of those who have help Glen Lake to be what it is, and the people who are who they are because of Glen Lake.
4. I live that Goatman lives there.
5. I love that Jesus lives there.
6. I like making strategies to get the corner bottom bunk in Cabin 11.
7. I like knowing that 50 years ago, my grandpa was walking around the same camp, seeing the same "lake," looking at the same little bubble of God's wonders as I see. He put a little piece of his heart there, and now I get to feel some of that love.
8. I like being a lunch lady, I really do.
9. I like riding around in the golf cart during retreat season.
10. I like hanging out with the campers during bedtime meds. Snap game, bagpipes, singing, whatevs.
11. I like the lingo that comes with being around Summer Staff.
12. I like making crafts.
13. I like it when people make me crafts.
14.I like taking home leftovers.
15. I love being able to go to worship almost every night of my summer.
16. I like it when campers do cool things, like tell about God's love.
17. I like coming during Midwinter and seeing the camp. Everything seems still, but yet full.
18. I love how almost anywhere you go in camp, the cross is still visible on the hill.
19. I like seeing the fountain frozen in the middle of winter.
20. I love meeting all these new people. Like I said in the last post, people that I will know forever.
21. I like seeing the best-place-to-poop-at-glc wars between LINKS and Staffers, shout out Ashlyn Kipp! (Turner wins.)
22. It's a central location in the conference, meaning lots of meetings I go to are there.
23. Jim Talley, 'nuff said.
24. Karen Cummins, one of the hardest workers I've ever known.
25. When I'm there I see lives changing. And when I sit on the steps of Vesper, I can imagine all the lives that have been changed there already.

Oh GLC, you bring me joy, joy in Jesus. Thanks.

1 comment: