Monday, July 26, 2010

Pollutants

I've heard this lesson a million times, you have too. But yet there is something so powerful in the Holy Spirit that it can take something you've heard before and present it to you in new eyes, with new ears, because His truth does not fade away or become complacent. What I heard at reflection tonight were the same stories I've heard all summer, but yet they bring a new meaning each time. With that said, here it goes...

The world isn't cool with what I have. I worry about this too much. The world keeps changing, and I try to change with it. If I can understand it, I can fix it, right? It's a lame excuse, but I use it. I change my appearance to be closer to the world, but that means I've conformed.It is true, in fact, that the world does not, and will not ever love me.

But I am not made of this world... So the yucky stuff, all that garbage, doesn't have to pertain to me. Because God don't make no junk. I am not made from imperfections. I am called to be set apart because I am of God. And God made me without the bad stuff, God made me like Him, He made me "good."

Because I am made of God and not the world, I am called to be different. I am called to be the good that He has made me. Called to be set apart, because I am an alien in a foreign land. I should let God's light shine through me to others so they can see Him too. I should be a lighthouse, just letting His light shine through me, to what should be His world.

I should forget about how the world has shaped me to fit in with them, because its all junk. I need to go back to the core of who I am, the part made out of love, the part that God intended me to be.

Call me weird, its true. The world is not cool with what I have, because it doesn't belong to them. I would, however, be inclined to share....

No comments:

Post a Comment