Saturday, June 11, 2011

Caught

Move me aside this week, Lord.
I've done this a few times before, and I think I've got it down.
But Lord, take all my expectations and put them away,
for greater things are yet to come.
I can't even fathom the ways You will appear to me in these new places with new people,
if I can move myself aside.
Replace my greed with passion for serving.
Take away my discomforts and help me find joy.
Take my pessimistic thoughts and comments and turn them into visions of hope.
And Lord when I fail, let me see the grace You bestow.
And let me return that grace to the best I can.
Make me a vessel for you, my God.

Make me a servant for You,
let me seek You in new ways,
let me show Your love in new ways in a way that's contagious.

And Lord, if I am "caught" doing these things, let me boast not for myself but for You.
For I know without faith, the wheelchair ramp is just more wood,
the nails get rusty,
and the grass simply turns back to dust.

But with faith they symbolize hope in a not seen before.

Keep me close to You this week, Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment