Thursday, May 20, 2010

Seriously, that was ME?

Today in Psychology we were watching the movie A Beautiful Mind, and the main character made the comment that "everyone is haunted by their past." It made me think because I don't see my past as something I'm haunted by (but then again I don't have a whole lot of past yet.) But now that I ponder that statement, and there are a few things that aren't "bad," but still make me cringe when I think about them.
  • I wish that in the 1st grade talent show I wouldn't have done my Hula-Hoop "routine" to "Raw Hide." Or maybe even have had a "routine."
  • I wish that I wouldn't have cried almost every day in Kindergarten.
  • I sometimes regret yelling at the giant wasp during mission trip.
  • I don't like to think about the time Katy and I pushed the wrong code at Barnard's Mill that caused the police to come.
  • I'm beginning to question why this blog is called Pineapple Tidbits.

There are many more I've shut out of my memory or just don't care to share. I don't think I'm haunted by these memories, but they do give me some laughs, or cringes. If they didn't, it would mean I haven't grown at all. We often look at our past and judge ourselves according to it, but if we can look and see who we used to be, doesn't it mean we've allowed God to come in so that we become something a little bit better?

No comments:

Post a Comment